Friday, 3 June 2016
Kidney stones or calculi are tough mineral deposits that are formed in the kidneys. The kidney aids in filtering the waste products from the blood and let them into the urine. When the waste products do not break up completely they are formed as hard calculi and then get trapped into the ureter. If it is untreated it may cause infection and also leads to poor functioning of the kidneys.
Several hospitals in India treat various problems in Kidney effectively. Treatment for kidney stones at India is very successful as many skilled Urologists are available at top hospitals. They make use of latest technology and treat effectively with affordable rates.
Symptoms of Kidney stones:
When the stones block the ureter and interrupts in the urine flow symptoms begin and it includes,
· Severe pain while passing urine
· Pain in the lower abdomen and back area
· Presence of blood in the urine
· Vomiting and nauseate feeling
· Feeling burning sensation while urinating
· Pain extending to groin and testicle region
The management of Kidney stones highly depends on the size and nature of the stones present. Those stones which are 5mm or less than that are not treated clinically and it comes down in the urine when the fluid intake is more. If the stones are made of calcium it does not respond to the medications and they are treated through surgical interventions.
· Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL):
The calculi that are smaller than 2cm can be segmented using shock waves which then are flushed out through the urine. It usually takes 45minutes for the procedure and done as a daycare intervention. It is considered as one of the safest procedure without any harm to the kidneys.
A tiny specialized instrument called scope is introduced into the bladder which reaches up to the urethra by means of ureter without making any cut. The stones are then segmented by using holmium laser which makes it as a powder. It is a painless procedure with minimal loss of blood.
· Percutaneous Nephro Lithotomy (PCNL):
The stones that are larger than 2cm in diameter are treated with PCNL. It is a kind of keyhole surgery in which a small incision is made in the area above kidney. It is performed under general anesthesia and requires 3-4 days stay at the hospital. The recovery time is quick and is much safer procedure.
· Open surgery:
The stones that are more complex are removed by means of surgery that is done by making a cut in the abdomen region.
Home remedies for kidney stone removal:
· You can consume two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with one teaspoon of honey with a cup of warm water and have it for few times in a day.
· Mix four tablespoons of lemon juice with same amount of olive oil and consume it three times a day for about three days. The citric acid in the lemons helps to fragment the calcium deposits. It is not effective for larger stones.
· The seeds and the liquid of pomegranate have astringent properties. You can have one fruit or a glass of juice daily or you can grind the seeds and make it as a paste and have it along with horse gram soup.
· Add two table spoons of dried nettle leaf to one cup of boiling water and allow it boil for ten minutes and filter and have the water for two to three times for few weeks. It prevents from the formation of stones and also enhances smooth urination.
· Basil is good for overall health and has many medicinal properties. Mix one teaspoon of basil juice with honey and have it early morning for few months. It helps in the expulsion of stones from urinary tract.
· Watermelon is used to treat calculi’s that are formed by calcium and carbonates. The juice when consumed regularly helps in aiding the overall health of kidneys.